Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pointes of my life, vol.4

Capezio Contempora's :)


I still remember buying these. It was some Tuesday in the middle of May, I think I was 14,5 years old. We went to Helsinki with grandma & grandpa (bless his soul), to the Footlight-shop @ Fredrikinkatu. There was a man and he told me to sit, then took a look at my feet (without shoes of course) and guessed my size exactly right :D He then brought couple pairs and I tried them on. This pair felt just perfect. We bought some satin ribbon too, and a pair of "foamy" toe pads (a bit like these). Before them I'd been using only tape/bandaid and lamb wool, so they felt luxurious! :) All this happened during the school day, don't know how mom had gotten me a day off school hours :P When we came back home, I went to a music history exam (and got 4½ out of 5!!). It was a Gooooood day :)

Other photos...

You can almost see it here: I cut the fabric/satin from the platform, but didn't sew the sides. Instead I put some glue on them and let it dry. They stayed quite neat all the way :D


I really like this picture of a dancer. Too bad they don't have it anymore on the shoes.

O means oikea = right (on the other shoe there's V for vasen = left).




***

I had 2 classes on Saturday and the next one is on Wednesday. 3 days without classes feels TOO LONG!!! Yesterday I took a look at the "exercise schedule" of my first dance school. There is a 90-minute-long stretching class on Monday evenings and a "jomon shindo"-class on Sundays that I find the most interesting. Maybe I'll buy a card for 10 classes and go every now and then... Last night I wrote in fb that this addiction is horrible! One lovely friend (who's very much into dancing tango and all that sorts) corrected me: "It's not an addiction. It is passion." I do agree :) And what a healthy passion this is... Keeps me in better shape than in Years. YAY for that ;)

***

What would a Monday be without some gloomy news... In our family "circle" there's a small cat (not mine, this one), who's having an operation done tomorrow. If it doesn't help her, there's very probably going to be a shot/vaccination that takes her to the greener grounds... :( Let's all hope for the better way, for the operation to really help. She's so pretty and small and lovely and all, most of the time. But the other side ain't nothing that nice. Not at all. And it's very sad.

***

For today's weather.


Not Her, but very much alike... Found this cutie from weheartit.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment