Friday, September 23, 2011

Dance gear, vol.1

There was a time, when the only things needed for ballet class were: one white leotard / white tights / white ballet slippers / a hairband or something to keep the hair off my face.

Nowadays it goes like this:

-> Wednesday class (90 min. + 30 min. pointe): either ballet pinkish convertible tights Or capri-leggings in some color / dark grey shorts (or some Might call them hot pants) Or the bright blue ones / sports bra / a tank Or camisole top in some color / another tank top with longer hem (colors to choose here also) Or a very-short-sleeved sportshirt (not as snug fitting as the tank tops are) / black shrug / light pink legwarmers (I'm trying to design & knit my own, but too lazy to actually do it) / one pair of ballet slippers (3 favorite pairs to choose from, also some others that are not-so-nice-on-feet) / one pair of pointe shoes (2 pairs that I vary) / depending on the pointes: ouch pouches Or blue gelpads / some tape for toes / bobby pins / water bottle

-> Friday (90 min.): those tights Or leggings (different than on Wed, because I want the stuff to "live longer") / shorts Or the other ones / sports bra / tank Or camisole top (different again) / another tank Or the other shirt (yap, different) / the shrug / legwarmers / ballet slippers (different...) / bobby pins / water bottle

-> Saturday (75 min. + 15 min. pointe): Same as Wednesday, but again different pieces of clothing.

-> Saturday vol.2 (not every week, but 90 min. anyway): Same as Friday, but Again different pieces.


***

What can we think of all this? Well, at least that I'm a geek when it comes to ballet stuff. But also: I. Am. Old. I need to be warm in the beginning already, my muscles (and that stupid left ankle) often feel too tight/jammed and need to be warmed up some more, stretched... And what's with this water?? In my childhood-teenage years/days, we didn't drink during classes. Except in the very last year or too, and even then it was a small mug for each and only a sip every now and then. I feel So Thirsty now. Also I sweat more. (How charming :D)

And with pointes we only used some lambwool and maybe some bandaid. Nobody in our class knew about any fancy pouches or pads. Only with my very last teenage pointes did I buy a pair of foam pads... These days them pouches/pads/cushions/etc. are more a rule than exception. And again - I like it :)

***

So here are the friends of my feet (toes, to be exact).

Junior style, but the larger version.

Love these, too :) ...only they are Ridiculously expensive in Finland... (well, so are the OP's)

These are those Historical first ones, foam pads from Footlight :) (And tiny heap of lambwool.)

***

As I earlier wrote about this certain little cat that wasn't feeling well... She had to be put asleep, permanently :( But it's all okay for her now... Warm thoughts for my brother and his girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment