Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Monday and today again!

Just what might the headline mean? Well.... Classes of ballet, of course. As I wrote that I'm going to see if there's any action on Monday, I did go. And there was.

Short report. We (meaning me + one other student + teacher) started the class with 4 minutes of abs. Different styles, but the song lasted for whooooole fooooour minutes... :D It was exhausting but Fun. After that -> to the barré! All the movement materials were familiar, but the routines were new. And I'm a bit nervous at the moment, because I don't remember them properly yet. So I'm hoping the teacher will show them (once is enough, but still needed).

My legs weighed a ton each, which made me feel slightly desperate at some points. But I did my best with what I had that day. Have to say that it wasn't my best day in general, though. Keeping legs turned out in balances - oh dear. Today I've decided to do them (balancing at barre) on flat foot, not demi pointe. I want to focus on the working leg more. If there's any hope with it ;)

What next... There was a short bit of floor barre, grand battements (devant & a la seconde). Interesting, a bit challenging, also fun. Then basic tendus + some grand battements + pirouettes (standing up again). A short beautiful adagio. With my lame developpes. En diagonale - we had a nice waltz type routine, some pique pirouettes in the end. Small jumps in the middle (my entrechat-quattres were good, said the teacher). A bigger jump routine en diagonale, also gave me a Lot to think about.

***

I've been craving for challenge in class and here it seems to be. Just hoping that the teacher doesn't feel too frustrated with my level of skills. And Really hoping there'll be other students with us soon, although it's good to be under a magnifier sometimes. But not every time, maybe.

***

This is the only Friday class this teacher (Madame P.S.) will give. From next week on there'll be only Mondays. And I'm actually quite happy about it, as I'm already having one class on Fridays (with Madame D.R-S.). And one on Saturday mornings (Madame L.S.). So the dance schedule for this year has been finalized:

Monday  /  8.15 pm - 9.45 pm  /  Ballet (young advanced)  /  Madame P.S.
Friday  /  5.30 pm - 7.00 pm  /  Ballet (adults advanced)  /  Madame D.R-S.
Saturday  /  10.00 am - 11.30 am  /  Ballet (adults advanced)  /  Madame L.S.
Sunday   /  5.30 pm - 7.00 pm  /   Jazz (adults advanced)   /   Madame T.K.

About the levels: They are all marked as advanced, but I'd say that Monday ballet and Sunday jazz are really on that level. Friday and Saturday ballets are a bit easier. But they do require several years of training, too. 

These were asked to bring along today. Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Hei! : )
    Käykö jos kommentoin nyt suomeksi?
    Sulla on aika kivoihin aikoihin noita tunteja paitsi maanantaina. Pidätkö noin myöhäistä aikaa jotenkin hankalana? Minulla tunnit loppuvat noin yhdeksältä ja minusta sekin on jo kauhean myöhään. Varsinkin kun tulee talvi ja pitää kävellä pimeässä kaupungissa yksin.. : D
    Käytkö muuten yhdessä vai useammassa koulussa tanssimassa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heippa!

      Juu saa laittaa suomeksikin :) Ja joo siihenkin, että onhan toi maanantai tosi myöhäinen. Jos pitäisi tiistaisin olla aikaisin töissä tms, en tiiä kykenisinkö tanssimaan tohon aikaan :P Onneksi työt alkaa vasta kahden jälkeen ja niitä on tiistaisin vaan joka toinen viikko. Ehtii vähän lepuuttaa koipia :)

      Viime syksynä kävin jopa kolmessa eri paikassa tunneilla, nyt on vaan kaksi koulua. Toisesssa on tanssi- ja kuntotunteja, siellä mulla on maanantait ja lauantait. Toinen paikka on kansalaisopisto, siellä on sitten perjantait ja sunnuntait.

      Kiva kun kommentoit! :)

      Delete